Sunday, August 30, 2026

A haunting Bollywood song-Pyar ko ho jaane do.....

 Sharing a song from an old Bollywood Hindi movie (Dushman, 1998) that stands out especially because of its haunting piano music tunes at the start and throughout the song. For some reason, every time I have heard this song, it continues to mesmerize me..As I do not know what chord/ music notations is used, I would think it must be some musical notation in it that is so divine that something about the tunes/chords of this song continues to remain immortal. The song features the actor Sanjay Dutt (playing role of a Major who is blind), who helps (and falls in love) the actress Kajol who is set out to take revenge of her twin sister who was killed. 

Although the actor (Major) in the movie is blind, he still manages to help the actress seek her justice and proclaim his love to the actress. Sometimes, I wonder, those who have eyes that see, still choose to remain blind..something like the poetry of Meer Taqi Meer who says that the whole garden knows, yet the rose is oblivious...

(I was getting reminded of the sher: "patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai

jaane na jaane gul hī na jaane baaġh to saara jaane hai"- Meer Taqi Meer)


Anyhow,

the video song is available here:

Pyar ko ho jaane do (Dushman 1998) - Sanjay Datt - Kajol

Also, I found the piano instrumental of it here: Pyar Ko Ho Jaane Do | Instrumental

(I have not found an authentic piano instrumental of this song online that does justice to the song though)



No comments:

Post a Comment